Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Scribd

YapYapOK UK Free Ads Alexa Global 532,289, UK 41k unchanged as yet.

Despite my frantic clicking on Alexa for, it is not yet yielding to my demands.  Since yesterday our UK Free Ads  acheived its second best day on unique visitors, the pages visited were also incredibly high, so I am anticipating a move in the right direction.

My new favorite social media site is Scribd.  I may have mentioned it last week when I first discovered it.  This one is a little different from the others in that the format and the submissins are so easy to browse.  It must also be the easiest site to use.  I actually find myself being distracted by reading other submissions, one thing I rarely do with blogs and next to never with Tweets.  I am finding that within a week I have several followers which is more than I can say for my blog despite it having existed for much longer.

The other nice thing about Scribd is the tolerance.  They allow it to be policed by the people that use it.  In general it seems that we are all in it to get feedback from whatever we are promoting.  I am following one lady for her exquisite vegetarian recipes.  I made her version of Baba Ghanoush to use up my left over aubergines from a mousaka I had made the previous week. 

Amongst many subscribers are the wannabe authors submitting chapters for feedback.  I cant help getting distracted by a bit of fiction, I am getting lost in some really great fiction and demanding more form the authors.  This interaction creates a bond between users that just does not happen on blogs or Twitter.  My Facebook postings are really for SEO links since they mostly go unread by my friends, not that I blame them of course.

I am off to randomly select some free classified posts to post on the YapYapOK Facebook page, something I have neglected to do recently.

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds and shop hosting

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment