Friday, April 23, 2010

Re Re Wind - Take a look at our Alexa!

YapYapOK the best Free UK Classifieds - Alexa 591,168

Yesterday we ranked at 619,118 so thats a massive 27,950 jump over night.  Clearly we are delighted as this suggest that in all likely hood we will acheive an Alexa rank of under 100,000 very quickly.  My plan was to get under 500k by next sunday (2nd May 2010)  But I have reset the goal to 450K. 

My ad campaign is achieving far more traffic than I imagined.  This is because of some of my key terms working exceptionally well for me.  Others such as Classifieds & Dogs are doing very badly despite having massive traffic in Google.  I think I have discovered the reason why.

Europe seems quite keen on these smaller search engines where the ads are being shown.  America is not so keen.  I can see that easily from my stats that most of my traffic is coming in from my ads on these engines, few from the US and massive from all over Europe.  So, clearly I have lost a major contributor to the English presentation of keywords.  Whilst the words translate, it is often not literal enough for an exact search.  There may not be such a term for classifieds in other European Language, it may simply be Free ads, Free ad or Free advertising

This is even clearer when you see that Shoes is an amazing keyterm giving me an incredible amount of traffic, seriously if you have a shoe shop, you want to be advertising on this Free Ad site.  The same goes for Used Cars.

So I have already tweaked my ads on ExactSearch.  They are clearly picking up in popularity as I have easily been able to buy every one I wanted.  Today I entered a word in for availability and there was only one left.  So I quickly added it.  Another  had run very low.  I need to be disciplined and try to get my ad words right within the next 2 weeks.  Since each one takes up to 4 hrs to change and then reqs at least 24 hours to monitor this is a tall order.  If they don't perform then I have lost over a day on each one.

Luckily I come fore armed with a long list of potential successors all with search engine data to back them up.

Wish me luck!

YapYapOK Free ads

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment