Friday, April 16, 2010

Web tools update!

YapYapOK Alexa ranking 708,852.  I am still waiting for todays movement.

I received an email from a company suggesting I take them up on an offer to submit YapYapOK to 450,000 search engines.  Clearly there was a cost and with it a testimonial from a client who attributed his rank success to this company using this process.

I  receive  hundreds of emails like this all the time.   I am always open to ideas on web promotion, having said that most of them get deleted due to the nature of the language.  I may be naive but I am no sucker.  This one caught my eye.  I instantly took the URL from the testimonial and did a quick search on Alexa.  The company ranked over 7 million,  hmmm.

It shouts of poor planning when the costs of email marketing are thwarted by zero back up.  I did not bother to check their own ranking which would have been my next job had the testimonial site ranked well.  Had the first site ranked within the first 100,000 Alexa, I would have liked to see this one at under 50,000.  To consider them further I would  have looked for praise on the public discussions boards.

Today I wanted to give a brief summary of the web tools that YapYapOK has utilised so far.

Free:-

  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Ning
  4. Posturous
  5. Linkedin
  6. Blogger
  7. My Space
  8. Bit.ly
  9. Alexa
  10. Google adword tool
  11. Stumbleupon (SU)
  12. Digg 
  13. Bleet box (BB)
  14. Tweet Adder ( free version)
  15. Google Buzz
  16. Lunch

The first 9 of these I use everyday, I love them.  I use Google adword to help me with one of my paying sites listed below.  SU is great but I have been told off for consistently submitting my own site so will do that through Digg in future.  Digg - great for bypassing direct submissions to SU also submit to Digg, have not been told off...yet.  In that event will use Bleetbox to submit to both SU & Digg.  Preemption of violation means that I have preprepared &, da da da, have a plan..  BB submits to Digg, Digg submits to SU, cant submit to BB as its direct only, I think.  But hey 2 out of 3 ain"t bad.

Tweet Adder free version is wonderful and only surpassed by paying version. Google Buzz & Lunch- I really have given up on these.  There are many more that I have given up on, but my memory does not serve me.

Paid Tools:-

  1. Tweet Adder
  2. ExactSearch.com
  3. Exoclick

Have not thoroughly committed to Exoclick yet.  There is money in the account but if I want to edit some of my ad, eg I wish to change the cost of the click thru I will pay for, it does not hold on to the advert I have carefully placed and I will have to resubmit.  Having said that.  I have researched this company and only seen excellent reports.  Tweet Adder I love and ExactSearch.com is proving hard to get my Keywords right.  They provide a keyword tool but it is not as deep as google adwords.  I also use the URL off  well ranked sites to see the breakdown of the search terms in Alexa.

Some Keywords  are out performing all expectations which only highlights how poorly some of my others are doing.  That however is down to me to get right.  Apart from that I love it.  It works, its great value and the results are instantly gratifying.  We have resulting ads and huge increase on hits using this alone.  I am anticipating good things with Alexa so thank you ExactSeek, any chance of becoming an affiliate???!!!

Wow a very serious yet appropriate blog in that it reports on where we are using web tools, inappropriate in that I have failed to get in some inbound links.  So please excuse the following, I'm sure you will agree that it is necessary for my SEO.

YapYapOK latest ad Penny Stocks
YapYapOK Restaurant in Paphos Cyprus for sale
YapYapOK free shop hosting
YapYapOK - a new class of classifieds.

Whew!!! 

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment