Thursday, April 22, 2010

Commercial Marketing Tools

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds Alexa 619,118 UK unchanged.

What has changed however is the hit rate, it trebled with my first lot of keywords and has trebled again.  I know I must seem like an affiliate, but I'm not.  I am just genuinely delighted with ExactSearch.  Apart from having an affordable ad system that actually works, they are efficient responsive and clearly value their customers.  Even though we are on different continents, any emails are still answered the same day.

So now I have a fairly large list of keywords and despite researching them fairly thoroughly on Trellian, the numbers do not translate from Google to these other search engines.  Some inevitably do and out perform others 10 times.  The beauty of ExactSeek is that it is so easy to change.  Of course its important to remember that there is a time delay so when you view that the change has taken place, ie by putting your keyterm in the ExactSearch.com search engine and seeing if your site comes up, or leave it for 4 hours and work from then.

I have today done a quick excel sheet with all my keywords.  I have programmed it to give me the clicks per hour on every term.  All I do is input the data.  Clearly if you only have a handful of keywords then this will be unnecessary, although its surprising which ones you forget you've changed and when, by not keeping record.  This system will facilitate keyword evaluation so I can optimise them properly. Its not without foundation to think that a well optimised system will double the hit rate or more, from where we are now.

I have also started an ad campaign with Yahoo & Exoclick.  They are fairly low on budget and restricted to the UK.  I wasn't too clever with some of my words, probably using Free Ads is going to dry out the account in no time. I need to change them so that I am not paying a premium.  I will get round to this at some point this week.

YapYapOK - a new class of free classifieds
YapYapOK - classified ads

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment