Saturday, April 24, 2010

You can’t hit what you can’t see.

YapYapOK Free UK Classifieds Alexa 591,169.

Clearly all my efforts on marketing the YapYapOK classifieds are working.  I have so many things to do but not the time.  Last week I promised an update on the recipe forum, but article writing superseded it in importance.

I am still in the midst of analysing data for my Keywords.  I am grateful that I set the time aside preparing an Excel spreadsheet.  There is no way that I could have fully understood the hits/hr for each keyword and then continue to know it once that word had changed.

Yesterdays hits were slightly disappointing ie: they dropped from the day before, however they still substantially exceeded any we had received prior .  The majority of these hits is still due to these small search engines so I am unsure why we took a hit.  It would be good to know what is a reasonable variable for website traffic.

We have also been rewarded By Alexa and can now see our 100k goal in sight.

A quick update on my Yahoo paid ads.  I have now started to see that we are getting traffic from Bing with these keywords.  I reset the account so that the credit is distributed through the month.  For that reason I am pleasantly surprised how much traffic I received, particularly considering the keywords I have chosen as well as the frequency in which they yielded a result.

My keywords included names of the best ranked classifieds sites in the UK.  Unlike ExactSearch.com, I also received clicks for misspells which I was a pleasant surprise.

I would love to know the average traffic for various rankings within Alexa.  Since Alexa only provides data for sites within a 100k then it is difficult to know measure where we can expect to be.

There is a site which gives approximate data on entering the URL but this is inaccurate.  It estimated ours at far exceeding what we were getting a few weeks ago, since our increase in traffic it is now under estimating it.  Whilst I am on the subject of estimations there are various sites which value your website when you enter the URL.  One estimates our Free Ads to be worth  $2000 and another one $2.79 million.  Do we take an average? 

So if anyone anywhere has the answer to either web valuation or Alexa traffic, I would love to know.

It's Saturday and therefore mufti, have a great weekend!

YapYapOK The UK Free Classifieds
YapYapOK Free Business Advertising

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment