Monday, April 12, 2010

Dogs have owners, cats have staff

YapYapOK  Alexa ranking 727,955

I am a big animal lover.  Adverts for pets do get more exposure than others and as I have identified this, I suppose I will need to do something about it.  However when you get adverts like this for Yorkshire Terrier Puppies its hard not to give it more web space.  I was wondering why so many of the puppies on the site are dressed up.  I came to the conclusion that its because puppies are now seen as fashion accessories. Ever since it girls like Paris Hilton began being photographed with chihuahas they are being sought the world over.  How else can you explain the extreme prices that they now command, give me a labrador any day.

I am not a huge fan of terriers, I am pretty anti Jack Russells having had the misfortune of living next door to them twice.  But Yorkshire Terriers are different.  I am unable to articulate their appeal but I love them. 

For the first time in my life I don't have any pets, except for tortoises but its hardly the same.  I lost my cat who I had  for 19 years, he was a real joy.  He was my first cat.  I had, as a child grown up with dogs but never had one of my own as I have always worked.  Cats have the same loyalty as dogs but without the responsibility.

My cat was not a hunter so I was not given to grisly presents when I returned from work.  Instead he used to raid neighbors washing lines and I would have to  redistribute the laundry on a very regular basis.  He could manage large items and then run and jump into the top window dragging the clothes with him.  I miss him and I miss not having an pet.

I want desperately to have another animal but since we are moving in the hopefully not too distant future it makes sense to wait.

I am currently trying a number of advertising avenues to promote the YapYapOK brand further.  We will start some aggressive campaigns when the Alexa gets below 400,000 and we have more site population.   It makes sense to have all the categories at least populated to some extent and we have a real requirement for car adverts and job vacancies.  The pets and animal category is probably our most successful.

To promote your products or services, join now.  Its free to join and free to list.  Private or businesses welcome on YapYapOK free shop hosting and classified website.  See you there!

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment