Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seeking keywords.....Exactly!

YapYapOK is crawling veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy slowly now in the hundreds,  726,765 in Alexa!

I am now firmly behind the development process with YapYapOK.  Since we have a multi national audience it made sense to be able to opt for multi currency options.  It must be frustrating for all our US advertisers to either make do with a pound sign or use a currency exchange, we have had a currency converter on the home page but never the less I am certain that this will be met with at least some enthusiasm.

I am currently involved in determining some keywords for an ad campaign.  Unlike google ads, the search term benefits from being a common search term.  This is because the prices are set.  Google adwords cost more for the most popular search terms and puts Google adwords either out of reach or requiring a disproportionate time spent on ascertaining good relevant search terms with low competition.

The campaign I am utilising sets down the prices per keyword with discounts given when you buy more.  It does this by selling only a predetermined number of the same search term.  Common sense prevailed and I used the Google ads search terms to discover keysearch terms and bought these via my alternative search engine.  Clearly it makes sense to buy all the terms you require to reserve them for your campaign, particularly as the numbers available are very low.  The search engine is called ExactSeek.com. 

The purpose of ExactSeek is that for internet browsers it gives more relevent results.  I am not sure how successful it is but having looked at its Alexa rankings its clearly getting alot of traffic.  If the algorithm is delivering the browser to concise sites, I for one would prefer to utilise this search engine than scrolling through pages of irrelevant results. 

YapYapOK is provided with analytics which clearly illustrates the success of the individual term.  For each term you can provide a different description and a different URL.  This is great for a site like YapYapOK which has very different topic areas.  It means that instead of having a one description fits all, I can determine relevent description for that key term and direct them to the correct page of the site, ie searches for cars now go direct to the motoring section.

Its so easy to use that I can see which terms are bringing instant results and which ones are not working.  It is a doddle to edit and within seconds of having a low click through rate I can change it to optimise my hit rate.  My aim is to get all my search terms delivering at least 20 clicks per term each.  This will really push me up the ranks.  Currently one of my search terms is on overdrive and has delivered far in excess of this in under the 24 hours.  I can also see my under acheivers which I will be changing as soon as I have finished this.  I anticipate that within 2 weeks will see these optimised properly.

Each keyword costs $4 per month (discounted for more terms or commitment), that's less than 13 cents a day of relevant traffic.   Since there is no pay per click, you will not suffer fraudulant clicks or budgets getting out of control.
The only fault I have of the system currently is that your URL is hidden.  If you want to have your title in the description then you better hope that your name is short as you are compromising your description due to limited characters.

So whilst I am hailing the virtues of a great new cost effective and affordable system, I better get my ass in gear and optimise my key words  before everyone else does.

YapYapOK a new class of classifieds.

YapYapOK free shop hosting.

Posted via email from Yap Yap OK. Daily Blog of the UKs superior FREE classified site

No comments:

Post a Comment